Happy New Year, loyal readers! It's us, the gang at OWLconnected, wishing you all a great 2017. But hey, that's not just a wish. We're pretty certain that 2017 is going to be super. What makes us so sure?
Looking good, Canada!
For starters, it's Canada's 150th anniversary this year. That basically means 12 months of non-stop national partying (though you can bet that it will be at its most crazy on July 1st, aka Canada Day!). There's also the fact that the city of Montreal turns 375 years old in 2017, too. This makes it one of the oldest cities in Canada or the United States.
But truly? A new year is about so much more than any single event or story. Some things (like the new LEGO Batman Movie in February! Yes!) we already know are coming. But others? It's a big unknown. Though since you asked (no, we're pretty sure we heard you ask...), we do have a few predictions for 2017.
OWLconnected's 2017 predict-o-rama-lama-ding-dong!
- 1. As a part of Canada's 150th anniversary celebrations, every Canadian will receive a new puppy or kitten, their choice.
- 2. A new smart tablet will be introduced that can be used as a hovering skateboard. (We'll review the prototype in March... please?)
- 3. A fashion fad featuring swimming goggles attached to a baseball cap—coggles!—will sweep across the country in June. (But everyone will be over them by July, so trust us, just wait this one out.)
- 4. Pizza frisbee will become an exciting new activity in public parks—until excited dogs start to "play along"...(nom nom nom!)
- 5. Instead of saying "Bless you!" after someone sneezes, it will become acceptable to say, "Nice shot!"
- 6. Winter will last all year long (don't worry, we're probably wrong about this one).
- 7. And... the Toronto Blue Jays will win the World Series!
Is this really what 2017 has in store for us all? We'll just have to wait and find out! And speaking of which...
What do you predict that the new year will bring? Let us know. Happy New Year!