We get it. Meeting new people can be a little stressful. Especially when they just kind of arrive out of the blue.
I mean, here we were, finally figuring out 2017, when out of nowhere this 2018 person shows up! Has anyone got the scoop on this guy?
Yes, a new year can be a real puzzle, but honestly? That's kind of the fun part! We get the chance to guess, imagine, hope, and predict anything we want for the next twelve months. If we're lucky, we might even be right!
So to help clean the slate, we thought it would be a good time to talk about the things we'd like to see more, and less, of in 2018. Ready?
More or less 2018
- Rare animals introduced back into their habitats
- Photos from probes in deep space
- Webcams of baby animals
- Young scientists making breakthroughs
- Timelapse videos of nature
- Electric vehicles and green tech
- Fun traditions like a 10,000 egg omelette festival
- Canadian teams going deep in the NHL playoffs (and a great Raptors run, too!)
- Superhero movies (They're fun, but maybe we can take just a short break? What's that? There's a new Avengers movie? Okay, never mind! Back to the "More" list you go, superhero movies.)
- Hurricanes, forest fires, and earthquakes
- Politicians who cause a lot of controversy
- Natural landmarks in trouble
- Bans and fear, more tolerance and acceptance!
Do you have anything to add to the list? Let us know, and above all...
Happy New Year!
Young children going above and beyond to make a difference in the world.
Good news stories about animals and/or children